Sony has started its new software roll out for Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola including Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 upgrade and new unique media applications. The roll out will continue over the next few weeks in markets globally.There is a lot to look forward to for the tech geeks with the Xperia U’s uncountable issues with every software update.
Well it does promise a lot :
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (it does depend on data usage and personal settings)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
The new thing for all the Xperia Sola users is the GloveMode which allows the screen to be used when wearing gloves, on those chilly winter mornings, which is an extension of the floating touch technology.To come out of glove mode you just need to lock your screen and then unlock it with bare hands.
Since Sony has finally rolled out the software after much speculations over the past few months, we can just keep our finger crossed and wait for the Ice Cream Sandwich to spice up our phones.
The update is released in batches, and since there are minor differences in the software depending on product, country and operator every phone has a unique identifier Sales Item (SI). The SI is identified by an 8-digit number in the format XXXX-XXXX. To find out what SI number your phone has, please take off the back-cover and check on the label.
To find out if your phone can be updated click here.
To know how to upgrade your phone click here.