iPhone 5 was released in the event which started at 10:00 PM (IST). As per now all the features which have been revealed were already mentioned in the rumors of iPhone 5, so basically Apple has not surprised us this time or I should say rumors have killed the iPhone 5 release event.
Coming on the new features which are available on your new ‘iPhone-5’:
- It has got 20 percent lighter, iPhone 4 was definitely a heavy stone in the hands and this stone has lot 112 grams. (Phew!!!)
- And then screen or display size changes to 4 inches (as expected) but the aspect ration is still the same that is 16:9.
There was a discussion going on regarding the display of applications, how will they be able to adjust on this new 4-inch display, will they be scaled or stretched as per the new screen size.
The answer is ‘No’, they will not be stretched or scaled, the extended portion of the display will be replaced by the black borders.
- The phone has got slimmer due to the fact that now the tough sensors have been integrated inside the display so reducing the thickness by 18 percent.
- 4G LTE technology has been introduced which works around 2.5 times faster than 3G HSPDA and thus internet browsing becomes easy.
For the Indian users, Airtel has launched 4G but that does not work on the frequency to support Apple iPhones.
- This is the new processor A6, which is faster than all the previous processors used in former releases. It claims to almost increase the inter-UI navigation speed by 50%.
- Game graphics will also get smoother and better due to A6 chip as it offers the performance upgrade by 100 percent and this processor is mainly responsible for the increased battery life.
- The new camera has been named as iSight, which is again 8 Mega-Pixel but offers the following feature mentioned below:
It will also have an in-built panorama, and offers to take clearer images under low light situations. In all I would say that camera has not changed much, only Panorama is a good addition.
- As far as the display is considered, Retina Display is same before but it offers 18 percent more pixel in the same screen resolution (1136-by-640) and now you will be able to watch the widescreen HD videos that tool without letterboxing.
- Coming On to microphones, so a new microphones and the location of the previous ones has been altered. Initially a microphones was down at the bottom where the speakers were located, now one microphone is still there but the other two microphones are situated in the front (where you listen to the phone calls) and at the back (in between the camera and the flash)
- Now the next already expected thing was iPhone 30-pin charger connector has been replaced by 8-pin ‘lightening’ dock, which can be connected to your iPhone from both the sides.
If you still wish to use the old charger or if you already have a new one at your home, then you can use a converter from 30-pin to 8-pin available on iTunes store.
- The battery backup is almost the same, the specifications about the power usage of the iPhone in different modes has been displayed. You can notice that the difference is not big and that difference is again due to the faster processor introduced.
- Finally, the prices but before that let me tell you that iPhone 3GS has been stopped and now the entry-level phone is iPhone 4. You can see the price listings below (these prices are on the contract-basis). You can buy your first iPhone 5 from iTunes store starting from 21st September.
As expected it will not be available in India by 21st September, but we plan to see it within next 2 months. The prices of iPhone 4 has gone down to $449 (which is factory unlocked and 8 GB internal storage), similarly iPhone 4S prices have also gone down to $549 (which is factory unlocked). You can see the prices of factory un-locked iPhone4, 4S and 5 on http://apple.com.
As compared to the previous release everything has been changed, but while viewing the event it felt that something is missing. Every time, these types of events used to be lively but then this time all the rumor leakage spoilt which could have been the reason of spark in these events.
Physical appearance has not changed much, as compared to the changes which were observed when iPhone 4 was introduced. there was a huge difference in the design of iPhone 3G and iPhone 4.
Another important news for all the users who have been using their older iPhones, the next release of iOS which is iOS 6 (which has 200 new features) will be available from 19th September. Basically, iOS 6 is being awaited more curiously than iPhone5.
Please let us know if you have any question related to iPhone 5 release. Just put them in the comments section.