Apple announced 2 larger phones on 9th September. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is Apple’s most awaited and talked about devices. iPhone 6 is the smaller screen size variant with 4.7 inch display whereas iPhone 6 Plus comes with bigger 5.5 inch display. The iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299 for a 16 GB model, $399 for a 64 GB model, and $499 for an all-new 128 GB model, the largest storage yet on an iPhone. iPhone 6 starts at $199. Pre-orders begin on September 12th and shipments start September 19th for US and October 17 for India.
1. Bigger and Better Screen: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus comes with bigger and better screen. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus comes with 1334 x 750 pixels and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution respectively with 416 ppi pixel density. Display is Shatter proof with sapphire crystal glass, oleophobic coating – water resistant.
2. Thinner Body: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is thinner than rest of the models released so far. That is 6.9mm and 7.1mm repectively.
3. DSLR like Camera and Video: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus comes with improved camera technology Focus Pixel that is used in DSLR. Apple has replaced its point and shoot camera. New iPhones still feature 1.2 MP front camera just as iPhone 5. Video recording is better with 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps than previous iPhone 5S with 1080p@30fps. Face recognition has reached new level with this camera. It is capable of clicking various images and also suggests the best one.
4. Software and Processor: Major change here is latest iOS 8 which is much faster that iOS 7. Apart from the processor and software the iPhone 6 is very similar to the Andorid Nexus 4, which was launched 2 years back.
5. Improved Battery: iPhone 5 carried a non removable 1440 mAh battery which is now replaced with a bigger 1,810mAh battery for 4.7-inch iPhone 6 whereas the 5.5-inch model iPhone Plus carries a 2,915mAh battery.
6. Connectivity: New iPhones supports NFC and with 802.11ac, iPhone 6 Wi-Fi speeds are up to three times faster than iPhone 5s.
iPhone 6 does not offer something that Android users have not experienced with their smartphones. It seems to be an upgrade for existing iPhone users who needed bigger screen devices. Configurations is similar to Nexus 4 which was launched 2 years back, this is one thing Android users would to boast about. Do you still think it makes sense to buy iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or even switch from your Android devices?