Motorola’s biggest selling point has been its aggressive pricing and feature packed devices. Motorola unveiled Moto X 2nd Gen and Moto G 2nd Gen along with Moto 360 (smartwatch) at an event in New Delhi, India. Moto X 2nd Gen aka Moto X Gen 2 is the successor of Moto’s Flagship device Moto X which was launched just couple of months back. While announcing the handset, the company stressed that the new Moto X offers “pure style and pure performance”. Moto X 2nd Gen will be available on online stores by the end of this month. In India this handset will be sold exclusively on Flipkart.
Moto X Gen 2 looks similar to its predecessor but it sports a bigger and better screen. It is thinner than Moto X. Display is encased in a metallic frame that gives a more premium look to this handset. Moto X 2nd Gen boasts a new improved back panel and Motorola’s Logo appears more prominent. Volume rocker, power button are placed at the same place. This device is slightly heavier than its predecessor Moto X and weighs 144 gms as compared to Moto X’s 130 gms.
The new Moto X sports a 5.2-inch full HD (1920x1080p) TFT/OLED display protected by corning gorilla glass 3. This device is powered by a 2.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC and 2GB of RAM. Imaging is handled by a 13MP primary camera that’s capable of shooting 4K video and a 2MP front camera. Moto X will be available in 2 internal memory variants; 16GB and 32 GB. Moto X 2nd Gen will run on Android 4.4 KitKat OS. This device does not offer an expandable memory slot which may be a setback for potential buyers. All of the hardware runs on a 2300mAh battery.
This device is priced at $499 without contract for 16 GB internal memory variant. On contract this device will be priced at $99, same as Moto X. This device comes with few interesting features that are mentioned in the highlights.
- Turbo Charger: Device comes with a “turbo charger” that can add 8 hours of battery life to new Moto X after charging the device for only 15 minutes.
- Moto Voice: This is more than just the voice command system, it enables you to interact with your favorite apps like Facebook, Whatsapp etc. You can also customize it by setting up the voice wake up system and lot more.
- Moto Assist: Moto X can adapt its behavior in certain situations so that you can do more or never be interrupted. It can read aloud new text messages while you’re driving or at home It can also keep quiet during meetings, or turn off all sounds when you go to bed – it even knows to turn everything back on in the morning as you start your day.
- Moto Display: This feature enables user to see text messages, notification or even emails without waking up the device or unlocking your screen.
- Moto Actions: Go beyond just tapping and swiping your screen. Use simple and reliable gestures to conveniently interact with your Moto X. It knows when your hand is approaching and activates Moto Display. Wave your hand to silence incoming calls or snooze alarms.
|Sim Support||Single SIM, GSM|
|Phone Dimensions||140.8 x 72.4 x 9.97 mm|
|Phone Weight||144 grams|
|Screen Size||5.2 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 1920 pixels, 424 ppi|
|Screen Type||TFT / OLED Display, with 16M Colors|
|Touch Type||Capacitive with Multitouch|
Photo & Video
|Front Camera||2 Megapixel|
|Camera Features||Autofocus, Touch focus, Face Detection, Scene Modes, Camera Effects, Image Viewer, HDR,F2.25 aperture|
|Video Camera||4160 x 3120 pixels|
|Operating System||Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat)|
|Processor||2.5 GHz Quad Core Processor|
|Processor Chipset||Snapdragon Qualcomm Processor, 801 MSM8974AC|
|Battery Type||2300 mAh, Li-ion|
|Battery Standby||Up to 300 hrs|
|Battery Talk Time||Up to 10 hrs|
|with Push E-mail|
|Music Player||Supports WAV, AAC, AMR, MP3, MIDI, AAC+, eAAC+, eAAC|
|Video Player||Supports 3GP, MP4, WMV, AVI, H.264, H.263|
|Phonebook Memory||Practically Unlimited Contacts|
|Internal Memory||16.0 GB|
Video Source: http://www.droid-life.com