The consumer electronics market is outlined with products from end to end. The ongoing CES 2013 has brought in quite a few interesting technologies and products to look out for with its press releases and conferences that have been going on for the last 12 hours or so. Although mobiles which are the buzzword of the consumer electronics market today have been conspicuous by their absence in large features of the press releases of CES 2013, there have been a number of technologies and products that have been unveiled at CES 2013 which are sure to make a splash soon in one way or the other. In this feature let me take you through what has been up at CES till now from the press releases and talks and also list out products and technologies that will feature as the Top Consumer Electronic Products And Technologies of 2013.
CES 2013 press updates till now unveiled new things to watch out for in the categories of:
- Compute devices
Televisions have been the buzz word at CES 2013. Most exclusive in this range have been the unveiling of smaller sized 4K TVs by Sony and Samsung as well. Sony especially did a standout press byte wherein it consolidated its position of being the only manufacturer of interfaces like the television and also holder of content rights. As such it unveiled its smaller 4K TVs to be paired with exclusive downloading options of movie and media from its studio rights for people to be able to access contents in the ultra high definition formats which are four times better defined than T.Vs now and make you feel like you are there.
CES is generally a powerhouse showroom for new gadgets to make their initial rounds and this time has been no exceptions, except for the fact that there have not been many of these this time around.A few that have stirred interest include the:
- Panasonic Bone Conduction Headphones: Well they have been titled headphones, but for me they are more of cheekphones. Surprised? Well the Panasonic Bone Conduction headphones are exactly what I term them as. These headphones are designed to take the audio directly to your brain just by putting them over your head and reaching out to in front of your ear canals by sitting on your cheekbones. Panasonic has designed these headphones basically targeting the people who listen to music on the move on roads.
- For Review check here
- Kingston’s 1TB Data Traveler: Imagine carrying 1000 GB of memory on a key chain. The company says these USB 3.0 drives are its fastest yet, with read and write speeds reaching 240MB/s and 160MB/s respectively. The Predator comes inside a zinc alloy metal casing and is protected under a five-year warranty. However its definitely expected to come at a price considering the 512GB DataTraveler HyperX, available now is priced at $1,750.
Chips and processors have seen some really advanced announcements at CES 2013 and are definitely going to be featured in a number of consumer electronic products in the computing categories as well as smartphones to come soon.
For starters to the chip announcements:
- Nvidia debuted its Tegra 4 quad-core processor, which boasts improved processing speeds and new camera enablers.
- Not to be left behind Intel showed off its next generation of processors, code-named Haswell, which should allow for longer battery life and new features in mobile devices.
- Qualcomm also made a few announcements via CEO Paul Jacobs who introduced the Snapdragon 600 and 800 series processors, both of which work with the 802.11ac wireless standard and are made for premium mobile and computing devices. The high-end 800 series include Qualcomm’s newest 4G LTE technology that offers data speeds up to 150 Mbps, nearly five times faster than the previous generation processors.
- Lenovo made some serious noises in the press release sessions of CES 2013 by first announcing a shrinked version of its very popular Yoga convertible at 11 inches and then following up with the announcement of the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix in which the screen is detached from the keyboard and supports 180 degree twist and reattachment capability.
There have been very few announcements in terms of consumer electronic technologies. However there were a few, the prime and the best amongst which are mentioned as follows:
- Device To Device Wireless Charger: Fulton Innovation unveiled what is definitely going to be the next in wireless device charging with the ecoupled technology that allows a device to transfer charge to another device just by placing them back to back. For more on this technology read on here.
We will be updating with more action in consumer electronic products and technologies on this page. So stay tuned for more here.